For this recipe you will need:
Premium Hemp Flower
EVOO (or your favorite cooking oil)
Bottle for enriched oil (please recycle)
For the flower we recommend using 7g of PHF’s Cherry Blossom (Plug Link 😉) to 500ml of oil. This will yield you 29mg of CBD per tablespoon!!!! You can adjust the potency of your oil by adjusting the ratio of oil to CBD flower. Full COAs are posted on our website, these will tell you how much CBD is in a gram of flower.
First off, we are going to need some premium hemp flower. At Pacific Hills Farms, we only offer the highest quality CBD hemp flower. All our flower is grown on our estate using organic and eco-conscious techniques. We offer full transparency and testing for all our products, so you know what YOU'RE getting. Alright, that's probably enough shameless self promotion.
You can follow these steps to enrich your favorite oils. See "Cooking with CBD Flower" for alternative ratios.
- Grind the hemp flower in a coffee grinder or herb grinder to ensure a consistent mix. You can weigh out your hemp flower to get the perfect dosage for your oil.
- Spread evenly onto a frying pan, preferably nonstick.
- Add vegetable oil and heat until the oil begins to smoke, turn the heat down to low and let the mixture simmer for at least an hour, stirring frequently. This is called decarboxylation and this process ensures the activation of the CBD in your hemp flower so you can realize the full benefits.
- Remove heat and strain the oil through a coffee filter.
- Now that the oil is enriched with CBD, it can be used in a variety of dishes.
We use CBD oils to add CBD to our favorite dishes, salads, pizzas, cookies and more! We want to see what you guys are cooking! Don’t forget to tag us @pacifichillsfarms. Let’s get cooking!
Written by: Joshua Baez